- Do not remove bandage for 2 – 6 hours. Your tattoo is an open wound and the bandage will protect it from airborne bacteria and dust.
- Thoroughly wash the tattoo using clean hands with warm water and a mild anti-bacterial soap. Make sure all blood and ointment are completely removed.
- Gently pat the tattoo dry with a clean towel or a paper towel. Let the tattoo air until you feel it start to tighten.
- Re-apply a very thin coat of ointment over the tattoo, then remove any excess. It should not be glossy! Discontinue use and wash if a rash or breakout occurs.
- Re-wrap the tattoo with a layer of plastic wrap to protect it from bacteria, dust, drying, chafing or sticking to clothing.
- You will want to wash your tattoo 3 – 4 times daily, re-apply ointment and re-wrap your tattoo. Discontinue wrapping after 24 – 72 hours. Continue to wash until heavy peeling occurs. Some scabbing is normal.
- Begin using a mild lotion after the peeling begins and continue until healed. Discontinue use and wash if a rash or breakout occurs.
- DO NOT soak in bathtub, hot tub or swimming pool until healed.
- Keep out of sun until healed. Then begin using SPF 30 or higher sunscreen to protect it from UV rays.
- Remember that time and money went into the process of getting your tattoo, so do not waste your investment and enjoy it.
- It is on your body for the rest of your life! There are no stupid questions! Please contact us with any questions or concerns!
Lost Art Tattoo